The pecan cranberry chicken salad from Bob Evans is one of my all time favorites. I like it so much that I went out Saturday afternoon and treated myself to the savor portion. I couldn’t believe that it cost me 16 points for the little bowl of salad. So I decided to try and re-make the salad at home and see how many points it was going to cost me.
- 4 c lettuce
- 2 T blue cheese crumbles
- 3 T dried cranberries
- 3 T chopped pecan
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 oz roasted chicken (no skin)
- 3 oz Fat Free Italian dressing
- 1 c sliced mushrooms
- 2 boiled egg
Weight Watchers points for all this food – 19 points. This could EASILY be 2 meals. I took the pecans out because I didn’t have them in the house which saved me 3 points – this is why I added the boiled eggs, plus I always have PLENTY of eggs.
- Zhender’s Cranberry Relish
- Cranberry Apple Chicken Salad (cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com)
- Autumn Chicken Salad (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)
- Light and Creamy Low Fat Chicken Salad (lowfat.answers.com)