Has anyone read this post and said, yeah right. Well so did I, but I figured what the heck, I have a few bananas that need used and there is always oatmeal in my house. That’s it, those are the two ingredients you need to make these cookies. Of course, I wasn’t about to let it go with that, I added Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips and coconut. I took them when I went up to visit a girlfriend. We both agreed, a yummy alternative and only 2points each with the chocolate and coconut. BUT, I will not add the coconut in again – just doesn’t add enough flavor for the points.
- 2 large bananas (can be a few days old for easier mashing)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mash the bananas in a medium bowl. Add the oats and whichever mix-ins you choose and mix.
- Shape into balls with your hands and place on a baking pan covered with parchment paper (I used parchment instead of greasing the pan). Press down into a disc shape if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (mine were done after 12).
Yield: 12-16 cookies
HINT: This basic recipe tastes great on its own but you can also change it up by adding mix-ins of your choice here are some suggestions
- Milk, white or dark chocolate chips and a pinch of cinnamon (as in picture)
- Apple and sultana
- Raisins or Cranberries
- Walnuts, Almonds, Peanuts
The combinations are endless and only limited by your imagination, try experimenting and add your own suggestions in the comments section.